A quick, healthy and delicious meal with endless variations.
- 1 slice of bread - sourdough or whole grain seeded breads are awesome options!
- ½ ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- TOMATO-BASIL AVOCADO TOAST: Top your avocado toast with sliced tomato, add a light drizzle of high-quality thick balsamic vinegar or designated balsamic glaze, and some torn fresh basil leaves.
- CAFE GITANE-STYLE AVOCADO TOAST: This NYC café is reported to have started the avocado toast trend. Spread a thick layer of mashed avocado over your toast, spread it so it’s smooth and mounded, then drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and a generous sprinkle of red pepper flakes and flaky salt.
- LOADED AVOCADO TOAST: Mix chopped fresh radish, green onion, jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed) and toasted sunflower seeds. Sprinkle generously on your toast.
- EVERYTHING BAGEL AVOCADO TOAST: Add a generous sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning on top of your avocado toast.
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- Remove the pit from your avocado. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it’s as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt (about ⅛ teaspoon) and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extras suggested in the ingredients.