This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
We Deliver to Your Area!
added to delivery
Broccoli, Bunch - 1 Bunch
Your parents knew what was up when they told you to eat your broccoli. This verdant vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It's reputed to benefit digestion, the cardiovascular and immune systems, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties.
Your parents knew what was up when they told you to eat your broccoli. This verdant vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It's reputed to benefit digestion, the cardiovascular system and the immune system, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties. Plus, broccoli is low in sodium and calories, at about 31 calories per serving. It's also a fat-free vegetable.
A member of the cruciferous vegetable family, cousin to cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a great source of:
- Immune-supportive vitamin C
- Anti-inflammatory vitamin K
- Heart-healthy folate
- Free-radical-scavenging vitamin A
- Enzyme-activating manganese and molybdenum
- Digestive-health-supporting fiber
- Heart-healthy potassium and vitamin B6
- Energy-producing vitamin B2 and phosphorus
- Energy-producing vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, protein, and iron
- Bone-healthy magnesium and calcium
- Antioxidant-supportive vitamin E and selenium
- Beneficial phytonutrients
We strive to choose only organically grown or certified organic veggies and fruits from as close to home as possible. However, sometimes we are unable to find a local AND organic option, and in that event we may choose to offer a pesiticide-free local product from a farmer that uses integrated pest management on their crops. We target farms that put an emphasis on health, safety and the fair treatment of their employees, their animals and their farm. We have high standards, and so do our farms.
MORE FROM THIS FARMER
Consume fresh broccoli as soon as you can as it will not keep long. To store, mist the unwashed heads, wrap loosely in damp paper towels, and refrigerate. Use within 2 to 3 days. Do not store broccoli in a sealed container or plastic bag.