- Garnett Yams (1#) x2
- Dark brown sugar
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.Combine all ingredients except sweet potatoes in 2 quart saucepan.
- 2.Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- 3.Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4.Place sliced sweet potatoes in an ungreased 9×13 dish in a single layer cut side up.
- 5.Pour syrup over potatoes coating all pieces.
- 6.Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly about 45 minutes basting every 15 minutes.